Friday, September 19, 2008

Two Happy Mexicans....


Let me preface this by saying...I would never normally recommend eating in a gas station, EVER - until now.


We finally found some authentic Mexican food here in Scottsdale. And yes, it is located inside a gas station, a Shell station to be exact! Now I'm not one to try these sorts of things on a whim, but we saw it featured on "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives" on the Food Network. So we tried it out for lunch yesterday and it was excellent! The beans and rice tasted almost as good as my mother-in-law makes them! Any place that serves Menudo (not the one with Ricky Martin in it) has got to be legit . And if you have no idea what Menudo is, be very grateful.


I'm sure there will be many more visits to Roberto's in our future.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz,
we must be related, because your blog always makes me hungry. At least I know someone that will always go out to dinner with me. Love you, and hope to see you soon. beast