Thursday, October 2, 2008

Life's Simple Pleasures

There seriously are not words for how excited I was yesterday when I was picking out a birthday card for a friend and I found Paco again. Our favorite spandex wearing, high flying, Omaha man has 2 (yes 2) new cards available!!! I bought all that they had and left with a huge smile on my face. He might possibly be the best birthday card on the market! I've have sent and received Paco dozens of times in the past 5 years or so and I laugh just as hard each time. The card has gotten somewhat of a cult following and there are now many people that love Paco. It's kind of ironic considering that I found a Jose and he whisked me off to Dallas! Hmm.

AND...after a little internet research, Paco is actually a real person and he is actually a real trapeze artist/instructor! Who knew?! I certainly will sleep better at night knowing that costume is not a rental.

3 comments:

Watkins Clan said...

For a min. there I thought I had the wrong blog. I was like "who's that and he's a Castaneda too?" I kept looking and saw the cake and went, "Wow is that Pepe after eating that chocolate cake?"

Larson Famdango said...

mom told me you found more Paco cards and I became very excited. I also love that you commented on the love of the cards and the translation to you real life love joser. So true you have a real life paco minus the blue leotard? Maybe?!

Who Knew . . . said...

Paco, oh my sweet paco has returned. I too am pleased to find out that it is not a costume rental. Btw can you send me your email address, I only have your old one. SB