Tuesday, July 7, 2009

How our "really cheap" Mexican trip really cost us!



I forgot to mention above about our sad loss in Mexico....Jose's Wedding ring! It has always been a little too big (we already sized it once!) and when he went swimming in the ocean a big wave just took it away and it was gone. : ( The waves were pretty big that day so there was no hope.
I've made up overly fantasized/romantisized stories in my mind about a sweet poor little Mexican boy who stumbles on Jose's ring years from now on the beach and can finally propose to the love of his life with it. But that's just so I can sleep at night.


And let's be honest, we're just glad it was his ring and not mine! But these pictures are now all we have left of his symbol of our love.


So for now, Jose's sporting a naked left ring finger like he's single again. Should I be worried that I'm leaving and going to Seattle without him this weekend?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only that, but I think my hair is growing back! Look out ladies :)

Tyler and Ashley said...

Ok, so sad that Jose lost his ring. But, looks like you guys had an amazing trip. Wish we could have been there with you. Oh, and you are the sweetest person, I got your little package in the mail last night!!! Adorable, love it, thank you so much!!!

Sonia @ My Sweet Monkey said...

("Oh No!".. says mom....) Well, that sucks. I guess he'll need another one.. and maybe a cheap "throw away" ring for vacations.

Abuelita Castaneda said...

How awful, it must be to lose a Wedding ring. I hate to lose things, especially jewelry, that's why I took a $3.00 wedding band and a pretty purple watch I got at Walmart on sale for $7.00 to take to Italia. I wasn't going to take any chances. Pepe, take Sonia's advice and buy a cheap Wedding ring for your trips.