Monday, April 13, 2009

I am my Father's Daughter

With Jose off for Easter Monday today, we decided it was the perfect day to do a little spring cleaning, and we cleaned out the garage. Not only are things nice and tidy but I found something out about myself today.....I LOVE using the leaf blower. Just like my dad.


You see EVERY Saturday morning of my childhood without fail, my dad would blow the yard, the garage, the driveway, the neighbors driveway, etc. He loves the blower. I mean loves it. We have often mocked him for Saturday obsession, but today I finally realized how awesome it is. I mean, how would've I ever known? He wouldn't have dreamed of sharing his beloved blower with me.

I've decided that blowing is kind of like vacuuming (my fave inside chore), but it is 10 times cooler because it is so much faster. Too bad I can't use the blower on the carpet or the dishes. Now that would really be awesome. Is the blower the outside equivalent of the Dyson? Hmm.

Anyway, I think next time I may even put on Dad's special uniform of a polo shirt, sweat pants, and loafers to see if it somehow enhaces the experience. What can I say...I am my Father's Daughter! Love you Daddy!

0 comments: