Sunday, March 1, 2009

A post for Yaya


So my wonderful sister-in-law Sonia (aka Yaya) gave me the most fabulous recipe for a traditional Italian "Crostata". It is a vanilla flavored pastry that has a filling of apricot jam and apples. It is uh-mazing. Mostly in part to a special kind of yeast used that is imported from Italy. I found some at an Italian market and attempted it for the first time this week. I have gotten nothing short of RAVE REVIEWS! I made and shared it with a few friends and my cute neighbor. So thank you Yaya (and mama Adelasia) for making me look like a rockstar chef. The recipe is on Yaya's blog if anyone wants it.


And also, a special shout out to Amber for the cutest Tea Towels ever!! (see above photo) What a welcome sight it was to receive a package via Royal Mail -Especially one that came from Harrods! Thanks for being the best Bestie a girl could dream of!

2 comments:

Sonia @ My Sweet Monkey said...

WOW!!!! Lizzy!!! It looks AWESOME!!! And I'm sure it tasted equally Awesome. Next time, mix it up... try Peach jam or any other flavors. (i'm not fond of raspberry jam in my crostata.. taste weird) When you're ready.... GO FOR THE NUTELLA!! (no apples of course...)

ps... when are you coming over to visit?!?!? I miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Lizzy! That looks good! I made one too. Mine had Nutella, but I made one mistake I put apples on mine. YaYa said "No Apples"! It was very BUONO!!!