Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Confessions...

Time for a Confession. Yesterday, I did something I have NEVER done before - I went to a movie all by myself. So yeah, I'm a complete dork.


I've been dying to see Confessions of a Shopaholic, and apparently there aren't many people like me who don't have a job or kids, so that left me with two choices: a. wait until it comes out on video, or b. go alone. Poor Jose has been dragged to so many girl movies (he was a saint to see Sex and the City with me last summer!). But he really just doesn't have the time anymore with school being so busy. So I picked B.

Actually it was a pretty fabulous expercience. There were only 7 other people in the theatre and I got the matinee price (which is $7.00 here...highway robbery!). I had some treats and LOVED the movie. But I knew I would, I love the books. Being a reformed Shopaholic myself, It was definitely a flash back to my Neiman Marcus days. I miss the days of frivolous shopping (and all of it at least at 30% off)! And that sample sale scene brought back all kinds of memories, good and bad. Like the time a stupid girl on the 8th floor lied and stole my Oscar de la Renta dress I won in the silent auction. But I'm not bitter.

Anyway, I guess I've gotten really good at enjoying my own company, because I had a great time. It may have been the first time, but it certainly won't be the last.

9 comments:

Sonia @ My Sweet Monkey said...

I can't wait to see that movie. I have to wait until it's available to rent so I can watch in on AppleTV. I just finished the book about a week ago and I LOVED IT!!! It also reminds me of my former shopping days.... good and bad.

Castaneda 5 said...

Too bad we don't live closer. I would have totally gone with you! Glad you had a good time!

The Northwest Pugh's said...

Liz, there is no shame in going to a movie by yourself. When I travel for work I often find myself at the late movie all alone. This way I get to see all the action movies and raunchy comedies Tajee won't see with me. Borat is still hilarious when you are the only person in a Spokane movie theater.

Amber Lynn said...

This post hurts my heart! How I wish I could see it with you. The world just doesn't seem right when BF's miss these kind of experiences...

Lizzy said...

Actually Am, you shouldn't feel bad. You were the reason I went! I hung up the phone with you on Monday and thought, "if Amber can live 1/2 across the world all by herself, then i can go to a movie by myself." And then I went. :)

Arredondo Family said...

I used to love going to movies solo...enjoy it while you can!! Also got a kick out of the pen-VT saga...I would have killed child and mother!! You have much more patience than I!

The Carter's said...

I too...have read all the books and been dying to see it and yes... will go to a weeknight showing when Chris is home with Lucy. Good to know you loved it, you never know when you love the books. P.S. loved the post on the magic eraser I would of died!

Amy Franck said...

I can't believe someone took your Oscar dress... that's just BAD!!

Jim and Laura Pugh said...

There is no shame in going to a movie by yourself. I love to do it-this way you can see all of the chick flicks you want without the rolling of the eyes from your husband. If you really think about it, you can't talk while at the movies so why not enjoy. I hope your having fun, but if you ever want to play come up to SLC.