Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Portofino

To unwind from all of the crazy travel and to spend some quality time with Yaya and Carlo, we headed down to Portofino on the Mediterranean. It was certainly one of the most picturesque places I've been, and we really enjoyed the small town feel. It had really high-end boutiques, wonderful waterfront restaurants, great people watching, and some serious yachts. Not to mention the view. (The above picture ws taken out the window of our hotel!)



Having lunch at one of the best restaurants in Portofino. The food was incredible.


Yaya and I on our way to dinner.



I know we totally look photo-shopped into this picture, but I promise you it is real. It is just honestly that beautiful there. Look how clear the water is!!

Me holding a jellyfish. Yes, that's right - I picked it up. It was just a baby and no it didn't sting me. Jose was ready to pee on me if it did. The water was FILLED with big purple ones. They are pretty cool looking, but make it tough to swim!


The private beach at our hote. (The yellow building above). We spent some wonderful time sun/shade bathing. Mmm..


Relaxing on top of the turret at our beach watching the ships pull in and out of the harbor.



The cute port town is brightly painted and so italian looking.


Hanging out in the Marina and watching the boats (and the people getting off them!).

1 comments:

Sonia @ My Sweet Monkey said...

everytime i see a jellyfish..i think of you...JELLYJAM!