Thursday, November 13, 2008

Measure Twice..Cut Once?

Seriously, that rule is terrible. Maybe it should be Measure 10 times, cut once. Although I think I maybe measured 5 and still had to cut 3 times. Let's just say my math skills are a little rusty. I decided to start piecing a new quilt top today and had a few measuring "issues". Luckily I worked through those, but couldn't quite decide on a layout. After staring at the fabric so long, I could no longer make a good decision and would like to see if any of you have a preference. I'm posting 2 pictures of possible layouts, tell me which you like better.
Also, this is the official and public apology to all of the math teachers that I ever had who I told, "I will never actually use math in my real life." Oh how I was wrong. Guess I should've stayed awake a little more often....or picked a less precise hobby. :)
OPTION A:

OPTION B:

5 comments:

Melinda said...

I like option B, but I had to stare at the pictures for awhile to figure out what the difference was.

Amy Franck said...

I had to stare awhile, too! I guess I'm not that observant :) I like option B, too. I love the colors you have chosen! I take my first class next week- super excited!

Castaneda 5 said...

Since I'm not crafty at all, I have no idea what you are talking about! But I'll go with the majority, option B. Hope ya'll are doing well!

Larson Famdango said...

I like option B as well! I think that the brown the more dominant color in the quilt blends better with the patterns. I love it and am excited to see it finished!

Jim and Laura Pugh said...

The fabric is darling! Way to go on all of the great quilts. I think both layouts are great, I like the blue and brown combo. Can't wait to see the end project.
Love you lots-keep up the fun sewing!!!