Saturday, January 3, 2009

S.L.C.

After a great trip to Dallas, one day later we loaded up the car and headed to Salt Lake for Christmas!

The first part of the trip was beautiful (see above: the edges of what leads to the Grand Canyon) but it got down right treatcherous after we hit Kanab. Jose was a champ and safely navigated us through miles and miles of white to reach SLC. At one point I think I went about 60 miles without breathing. We were very happy to arrive, and so was the Volvo!

Luckily, we were greated by lots of smiling faces and happy hosts to make our holiday so special!
Sorry Jim & Laura...seems I missed the photos of you two! And sorry for some of the blurry shots - I'm still figuring out how to best use my new camera.

We know there was Christmas cheer because Anna even got Jose to play a game (and I got the picture to prove it)!!

Jose also got to enjoy his first White Christmas ever! The snow was beautiful, especially once we didn't have to drive in it.
We also spent time visiting my Grandma Pugh who is in her late 90's. We took this picture of her house (the house my dad grew up in) after the big snowstorm on Christmas Day.


And we also went to a Jazz game with Jim & Laura. They played Jose's fave team, the Mavs, but sadly the Jazz won.


We also took Jose skiing for the first time, but I think it deserves its own post! Thank you to all of our wonderful hosts and hostesses!! WE LOVE YOU!

1 comments:

Larson Famdango said...

We had so much fun with you guys, just wish we could of been aroung longer. I hope that you are getting excited for CABO!